Congestive Heart Failure Community
VTAC During Heart Cath
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

VTAC During Heart Cath

I am a 36yr old western European male. A year and a half ago, I was diagnosed with a PDA. I went in Monday morning for an investigative heart cath and went into cardiac arrest when the dye was injected the third time. question 1. what was the dye, and why did it cause me to vtac.

Question 2. since I had one cardiac arrest which took 3 shocks to get me back, how likely is a second one, or should I not worry because it was caused by the dye...

also, why did the doctors all tell me to cough after i regained consciousness...

thank you.
Related Discussions
I can't answer the first two questions, except for to say that the dye they use in these tests can cause all kinds of problems.  I know for a fact that it can cause kidney failure, as I was force fed some medication to keep my kidney's from failing when I had a heart cath about 6 months ago.  It was some NASTY stuff call mucomist, that smelled and tasted like rotten eggs.  I had to take 5 doses prior to the heart cath, and then 2 more afterwards.  I haven't been able to stomach eggs every since.

As far as why the doctors told you to cough.  A lot of the time, if a person is in the middle of a heart attack, strong coughing can sometimes relieve it.  They tell you that if you're alone when you feel an attack coming on, take 1 adult size aspirin and then cough as strong as you can many times, or until the pain stops or the EMTs show up.  The idea is that the coughing will help put your heart back into rhythm.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Start Tracking Now
MedHelp Health Answers
Recent Activity
9310208_tn?1403204479
Blank
deannagrimsley is finally 9 weeks :) Comment
Jul 14
Blank
rgbird55 commented on Low potassium and no ...
Jul 10
1096512_tn?1384893378
Blank
vedadhar Who could help Babies suffe... Comment
Jul 10
Congestive Heart Failure Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
242532_tn?1269553979