Congestive Heart Failure Expert Forum
Wasn't sure where to post - mitral valve regurgitation

CHF is a condition in which the heart can’t pump enough blood to meet the body’s needs. In some cases, the heart can’t fill with enough blood. In other cases, the heart can’t pump blood to the rest of the body with enough force. Some people have both problems. The term "heart failure" doesn’t mean that your heart has stopped or is about to stop working. Heart failure is a serious condition that requires medical care. This forum is a place to ask questions about CHF. Some examples are: How is CHF diagnosed? What treatment options are available for me?

If you have a question that requires immediate medical attention, or if you think you may have an emergency situation, please call your doctor or 911 IMMEDIATELY!

Hi, I have been to the doctor twice in the last week for extreme fatigue, dizziness, lightheaded, short of breath, pressure in chest. especially worse at night/ when laying down. however the fatigue is so bad i can barely get out of bed. Both times they transferred me to the er because I had a very fast heart rate. Both times at the er, they didn't do anything except give me fluids ad moniter until my heartrate went down... My grandmother who raised me found some paperwork from when I was a kid saying I was diagnosed with bicuspid aortic valve and mild mitral regurgitation. I've never experienced any symptoms of it before and I'm wondering if this could be related ? Is it possible that I would have to be on some type of meds to regulate it? I'm going to the cardio tomorrow morning but in the mean time I'm looking for some advice. Feeling worse and a little scared