Congestive Heart Failure Community
Weak heart or liver

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).

Weak heart or liver

35 m hypertensive, moderate alcohol/smoke, marginally overweight. I've noticed that my system can no longer tolerate alcohol, after 2 bottles of beer, 5-6 hrs later i start having heart pain pain, if d pain continues 4 long and i dont sleep it leads to irregular heart beats. B4 a dr placed me on 100mg of atenol and adviced me not to drink more than 2 bottles of beer a day i used to wake up at night with very rapid hb. ecg is normal, echo showed lv thickness 1.1 and slightly thickened endo with normal kinetic activity. My bp is about 120-140/80-90. I take captopril 20mg, amlodipine 5mg and half moduretic everyday, what is my prognosis, can i start joging0 will it ewtend my life span
Avatar dr m tn
The changes in your heart are secondary to the hypertension only which you’re suffering. I strongly suggest you to take up some regular exercise like brisk walking or jogging as that’s definitely going to help you in improving the blood pressure status. Lack of exercise does play a role in increasing the blood pressure. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Avatar n tn
markbenz commented on 010216
Cindy is... Comment
Jun 29
ChitChatNine is having fun! Comment
Jun 29