Weight gain while taking lasix
I am a 60 year old woman and was diagnosed with CHF in 2005. At that time I was prescribed lasix along with other meds, but no potassium. I gained 30 lbs. I stopped the lasix and quickly lost this weight.  Now I am again taking lasix with potassium chloride and have gained 30 lbs again. Tried stopping these meds but didn't lose any weight. Since my fluid level started going up, I have resumed the meds.  I am very weak and tired so am pretty inactive.  Anyone have this experience or any ideas of what I can do get rid of this extra weight from fluid retention.
Thanks,
I’ll suggest you to get your renal functions checked as normally lasix is supposed to result in weight loss & not weight gain. Please do some mild exercises like walking for it tends to help in mobilizing the fluids from the legs and help in weight loss. Meanwhile, getting your potassium levels checked on regular basis is equally important as that facilitates in decreasing the lethargy. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.