Congestive Heart Failure Community
What does this mean?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).

What does this mean?

I received some test results from an ultrasound that they did on my heart. The results came back that the pressure in my heart had risen significantly. What does that mean? I didn't even know that there was a measured pressure in a persons heart. What does that do? What does that indicate? I have had CHF for some 25 years now and have done okay until just a couple of months ago at which time I kept hearing my pulse in my ears, can't hardly even walk across the room without losing my air, and I get tired very easily these days. My right lung has also started to hurt. Not really bad but enough that it gets my attention. I am on oxygen (3 liters 24/7) and water pills, and potassium.
I would really like to know what all of this means.  Thank you.
When a person has CHF pressure can build up in the heart, lungs, and kidneys.  The pressure in your heart is a sign of the congestive heart failure worsening most likely due to heart valves because of your shortness of breath symptom.  Are you taking a beta blocker or ace inhibitor?  Ace inhibitor are good at extending lifespan.  Being that your lung is hurting, may be a sign of pressure in the lung also.  Ask your doctor if there is pressure heard in the lungs also.  Make sure that you take your heart medications as prescribed by your doctor.  The heart medications can help reduce the pressure. Make sure that you are watching your diet by reducing salt intake, eating fresh vegetables, salmon is a good source of Omega 3 which is great for the heart.  Read all labels on foods. It is surprising how much salt is in a can of soup.  Keep your doctor appointments and you may want to bring someone with you to help remember what the doctor says.  Take care.    
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
ChitChatNine commented on Croup - I thought adu...
Jul 16
173749 commented on Croup - I thought adu...
Jun 21
ChitChatNine is happy! Comment
Jun 10