Congestive Heart Failure Expert Forum
Where can I get stem cell therapy for Cardiomyopathy?

CHF is a condition in which the heart can’t pump enough blood to meet the body’s needs. In some cases, the heart can’t fill with enough blood. In other cases, the heart can’t pump blood to the rest of the body with enough force. Some people have both problems. The term "heart failure" doesn’t mean that your heart has stopped or is about to stop working. Heart failure is a serious condition that requires medical care. This forum is a place to ask questions about CHF. Some examples are: How is CHF diagnosed? What treatment options are available for me?

If you have a question that requires immediate medical attention, or if you think you may have an emergency situation, please call your doctor or 911 IMMEDIATELY!

I'm interested in possibly getting stem cell therapy for my Cardiomyopthy. I'm not sure where to look. I've heard lots of good things about it. How do I go about finding places to get this. Does the U.K. offer it? I heard some countries use stem cell therapy as treatment for heart conditions as such. Any ideas?
Hello and welcome to the forum.

At the present time, stem cell therapy for cardiomyopathy remains experimental and thus far, despite what you may have heard, has not shown to be of signficant benefit.  However, studies are currently continuing in an effort to figure out how to more successfully deliver the stem cells to the myocardium.  Unfortunately, for now, I would save your money and PLEASE be very careful about advertisements, etc trying to convince you to spend money on unproven therapies.

Best,

Dr. Rich