Congestive Heart Failure Community
abnormal echo

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).

abnormal echo

I am 51 and had a stent to the LAD in June, 09.  October 30 I had SOB and cath showed Ischemia of left main so I ended up with a double bypass.  Back in the hospital with chest pain this week.  Echo, 10 EKGs and CXR was done.  Dr. said everything fine and not to worry.  However I got my reports and they do not like fine, he said all are normal.  I think I have CHF according to my echo.  He did tell me I had a stiff heart which is representative of diastolic heart failure according to my research.  Can you please read my echo report and tell me if this would all be normal due to the recent bypass or does it still look like underlying heart problems.

EKG shows possible MI since bypass, Poor R wave progression, Low voltage and possible mycardial ischemia.

Echo shows Left ventricle  borderline dilated, Ejection fraction 50-55%, left ventricular diastolic dysfunction.  Right ventricle normal.  Left antrium is moderately dilated, the right antrium is mildly dilated, mild mitral regurgitation.  Tricuspid vale is normal RVSP=RA + 36 mmHG..  The rest is normal.

Please help.  I am thinking of getting a second Cardio consult.
Avatar dr m tn
You echo report is suggestive of diastolic dysfunction and mild systolic dysfunction. However, the situation is not that bad as your EF is still decent and thus nothing much to worry about. I’ll suggest you to do some regular exercise and keep a  restraint on the fatty food. Please do continue with the medications which have been prescribed. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
uush uploaded new photos
Aug 16
GardeniaDreams So very tired. Comment
Jul 24
5665 commented on Think LYRICA was culp...
Jul 21