Congestive Heart Failure Community
aortic stenosis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).

aortic stenosis

Hi- I have recently diagnosed with mild arrtic stenosis as well as mild dilation of the ascending aorta. How serious is this and do I need to stop being so active which I am. I am 56 years old on the 24th of this month. I am 5' 4'' and weigh 139lbs Thanking you in advance
You will need to keep a close eye on the stenosis.  Are you schedule for echocardiograms every few months to monitor the stenosis?  If the stenosis starts getting to moderate, you may want to talk to your doctor about fixing it.  Some procedures can be done through a catheter.  You do not want to watch until the stenosis is severe, as the risks increase.  As far as activity, don't push yourself.  If you feel tired, rest.  Ask your doctor if you should have lifting restrictions.  
Mild aortic stenosis is commonly seen among people of your age group. As long as it’s not affecting your life, you should keep on with your activities since a sedentary lifestyle will only harm your heart.
However, if you feel out of breath, don’t push yourself. You should make regular echo to follow this stenosis progress. But for now, it has no consequence on your life.
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
5665 commented on Think LYRICA was culp...
Jul 21
marilee176 bloating gas and indegestion Comment
Jul 16
ChitChatNine commented on My Crystal Ball Theor...
Jul 12