Congestive Heart Failure Community
atherosclerotic disease please help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).

atherosclerotic disease please help

I am a 38 yr female and I had a CT scan done and found out I have minimal atherosclerotic in the abdominal aorta. I have tried looking this up and I'm getting many other things that goes with it. Is this serious? and what is this exactly? I am kinda confused and any help would be great.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
I don’t think you need to worry regarding the same as minimal atherosclerosis in the abdominal aorta will be found in almost everyone who’s living on earth. Atherosclerosis is basically the deposition of fat in the inner lining of the blood vessels and this process starts right from the day we are born.
Atherosclerosis involves all the blood vessels in the body and in certain vessels it’s more dangerous, e.g. vessels supplying blood to the heart and the brain.
Please be assured and not to worry.
I sincerely hope that helps. Please do keep me posted. Kind Regards.
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
diianna commented on rumpled's status
Feb 01
012516
Jan 26 by crb1487