Congestive Heart Failure Community
cardiomyopathy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).

cardiomyopathy

I was diagnosed in 1997 with Cardiomyopathy...is it possible for this condition to simply go away on its own?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? There are different types of cardiomyopathy and each has different treatment. This condition does not go away on its own. The goals of treatment include management of  signs and symptoms, reduction of  risk of complications and prevention of worsening condition. Dilated cardiomyopathy is manged with medications, surgically implanted devices, or a combination of both. For the treatment for restrictive cardiomyopathy, medications on improving symptoms are prescribed such as in lowering blood pressure and controling fast or irregular heart rhythms. While Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy needs medical , pacemaker or surgical management. This link may be helpful : http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/cardiomyopathy/DS00519/DSECTION=treatments-and-drugs

I hope this helps. Take care and best regards.
7 months ago i was diagnosed with non ischemic cardiomyopathy. my initial EF was 25-30%. i was subsequently prescribed medication which was later modified. in november 2009 my EF rose to 44% but in febuary it appeared to have plateaued at 45. i am a 40 yrs old and had no known factors. i have continued to exercise and diet. what are the chances of my EF getting to 55 or 60 and how long could that take?  
Hi, I was dx with dialated cardiomyopathy at the age of 48, I was in heart failure.  My EF was also 25%.  I have been on Coreg for 9 yrs.  It took 6-7 yrs for my EF to get to 55%.  My medication is now down to12.5 mg Coreg daily from a one time 50 mg. daily.  I still have the left top half of my heart slightly enlarged and also have Bradycardia with a heart rate around 45-48 BPM.  I have, however, developed a moderate mitrial prolapse over the last couple of years.  If you are up to 40%, I would say that you also are one of the lucky ones.
Best of luck to you.
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
ChitChatNine commented on Croup - I thought adu...
Jul 16
173749 commented on Croup - I thought adu...
Jun 21
ChitChatNine is happy! Comment
Jun 10