chest/heart
I am a 42 year old female.  About 2 weeks ago my mother told me that her doctor found that one of her valves in her heart was closing and that is why she winded going up a slight incline. is this herretitary?

Since then I have been having tightness in my chest.  When this happens I usually take a deep breath in.  There is a slight pain when I inhale real deep.  what could that be?

the other concern I have is the last couple of nights I have woken up with a strange feeling in my chest near my heart. Not painfull just like a wave of uncomfortable.  what could this be?
Chest pain due to ischemia (occluded vessels) happens with exertion and goes away with rest and that can be related to the heart cells not receiving sufficient oxygenated blood.  

However, when there is chest pain when taking a deep breath can be due to costochondritis....pulled muscle in the chest wall, inflammation of cartilage of chest wall, good be irritation of lung lining, etc. other pulomonary issues.

You may want to get physical evaluation, as a heart problem can't be ruled out, and/or pulmonary malady.  The wave you felt may be heart related, and a variation of heart palpitation (irregular heart rhythm) and usually not medically significant such as a skipped heartbeat.