contrast dye??
I went into the emergency room complaining of flu like symptons and my chest ached, beathing badly.  I was given several bottles of IV and wasnt voiding.  I was given contrast dye to check for blood clots in the lungs??  From there it was all down hill and from there i was sent to ICU.  Kidney failure, respiratory failure.  I am still in my fortys and always healthy as a horse.  My gut is telling me they have me to much contrast dye and that caused me to go down hill??
I am not sure if that is a side effect of contrast dye or not?  I have had it as well for a CT Scan with no adverse side effects but are you allergic?

Also, did they say what is causing these other problems for you?
I had two CT scans, one with contrast dye, the other with a special contrasting agent that did'n't contain the same dye(one without iodine as an ingredient).  The first CT Scan was blamed for the end stage renal disease I now have, because it is known to be very hard on the kidneys.  The second CT scan was done as though my kidneys were ailling, but they were already gone, forcing dialysis, which I'll have to deal with for the rest of my life.

This may or may not be your case, but do know that the contrast dye can cause kidney failure, and lead to diaysis, however, since you are alive to tell the story, there is no legal recourse.