Congestive Heart Failure Community
cough
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

cough

I have hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy, i am 46 yrs old. i found out i had this heart condition about a yr. ago.
I had a persistant cough that would not go away. the doctors kept prescribing me antibiotics. which did not help. finally they sent me to a cardiologist who discovered my condition. well they gave me verapamil which did wonders. but now i am sick again with same cough. i can't even lay down. it feels like a sinus infection. but i am so scared every time i start this coughing again..its miserable. could it be something with my heart again or do you think its just a cold...doctors are treating me with antibiotics again...been going on for about a week now..
Related Discussions
Cough is one of the typical side effects of the IECA sort of medicaments (where verapamil belongs). I suggest you to go back to your cardiologist, if this is the cause, he can easily switch you to a different sort of medicament.

Jesus
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Start Tracking Now
MedHelp Health Answers
Recent Activity
21064_tn?1309312333
Blank