Congestive Heart Failure Community
ejection fraction and fractional shortening
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

ejection fraction and fractional shortening

my father has low ejection fraction and fractional shortening i.e. fractional shortening of 17% and ejection fraction of 34% it decreases suddenly during 2month in month of june it was normal is that dangeroues and in this condition tell me is fasting (during ramazan) dangerous.
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
367994_tn?1304957193
FS and EF are in the range that idicates a left ventricle functional disorder with the negative structual size of the left ventricle (FS) and EF is a blood volume measurement with each heartbeat.  The measurements' values aren't crtical at the current time, but the decreasing trend should be of concern and whether or not the diet is a problem would better be answered by your father's cardiologist.  Normal EF is 50 to 70% (percent pumped wtih each heartbeat) and FS above 30% is considered normal and 26 to 30% is mild decrease.

If you have any follow-up questions, you are welcome to respond.  Thanks for the question...take care.
Blank
my father age is 67 his ejection fraction is 34 and fractional shortening is 17 he has cough not severe and some time he has vomiting 4 to 5 ttimes he has breath shortening also kindly guide me what is dangerous level of ejection fraction and fractional shortening and what is survival rate of such patient
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Start Tracking Now
MedHelp Health Answers
Recent Activity
Blank
Rebeccat77 commented on Low potassium and no ...
Dec 16
168348_tn?1379360675
Blank
ChitChatNine made cookies last night! Comment
Dec 01
Blank
kjbascom added the Blood Pressure Tracker
Nov 07
Congestive Heart Failure Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank