heart failure...!
Hello.My father is an army officer.He was earlier posted to patna,bihar(india)
now in october last year he got posted to an area called bandipore near srinagar (jammu and kashmir).He was on leave from november end to january 22.On 24 he reached srinagar,on 29 of the same month we heard of this very bad news.He was playing basketball,he fell down while playing and suddenly went unconscious.According to the doctor there they couldn't find a pulse and in the ground itself within 5 minutes or so everything had happened.He has been a sports person all through his life with an A shape according to army reports.We have been told by various people that this could be a heart failure due to change in weather or probably a cardiac arrest.We have no clue what could be the reason?His age was 51 or so,Also he didn't use to dress with so many layers but can something happen in jus 4-5 days??please answer..
This sounds to me to be an electrical issue with his heart going into a dangerous heart rhythm or in other words a cardiac arrest. It could also be a heart attack due to a blockage in his artery. It is possible to have heart disease even if you've been in good health. Neither would be related to weather, but possibly stress. These things can come on in an instant even though they have been building up for years.

I hope everything works out for you.

Jon