Congestive Heart Failure Community
hypokinetic wall

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).

hypokinetic wall

I am 59 years old female. My Echocardiography show (a) RWMA- Inferior wall and lateral wall hypokinetic. (b) LV ejection fraction 55%. (c) Grade I diastolic dysfunction noted.

I was diagnosed breast cancer in 2006 and was given 8 chemothrepy (4 each of two medicines). Echocardiagraphy prior to Chemo in 2006 show LVEF 67% and after Chemo in 2006 show LVEF as 58%.

I am not diagnosed nodules in lungs. So I have to undergo chemo of Herceptin.

Please advise about my heart condition.
You EF% is good so your heart is working efficiently still. It is normal for it to go up or down over the years based on your conditioning at the time. I suspect yours is a little lower due to your hypokinesis which could be due to previous muscle damage, a viral infection in your heart muscle, excess alcohol consumption or even some medications. It is also possible to be read incorrectly so there is usually some follow up testing such as a stress test. The grade I diastolic dysfunction means that your left ventricle does not relax enough to fill properly in that phase of the heart beat. That is also a condition that changes with conditioning and is not a dangerous condition.

You need to work closely with your doctor to understand your underlying condition to the hypokinesis. Everything you mention can be treated so don't get too worked up, this could be nothing. Are you experiencing any symptoms like chest pain, SOB ect?

Let us know.

Jon

BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition