Congestive Heart Failure Expert Forum
ideas on what to ask for?

CHF is a condition in which the heart can’t pump enough blood to meet the body’s needs. In some cases, the heart can’t fill with enough blood. In other cases, the heart can’t pump blood to the rest of the body with enough force. Some people have both problems. The term "heart failure" doesn’t mean that your heart has stopped or is about to stop working. Heart failure is a serious condition that requires medical care. This forum is a place to ask questions about CHF. Some examples are: How is CHF diagnosed? What treatment options are available for me?

If you have a question that requires immediate medical attention, or if you think you may have an emergency situation, please call your doctor or 911 IMMEDIATELY!

ideas on what to ask for?

Im a 23 year old female, having pretty severe worsening symptoms over the past 8 months. Symptoms include, extreme skipped heart beats and flutters/flops.. that are very obvious, causing a strange feeling sent through my chest and arms immediately following some skipped beats. Slight occasional chest pain . Also a feeling of weakness in my chest, like my heart is barely able to continue beating, which causes me to be extremely tired and out of breath. Feeling fatigued and like i will pass out (i have not as of yet). I sometimes feel as though i have episodes of this weakness with my heart, as in i am fine for a while, then ill wake up feeling off and be this way all day or days. I had blood work (not sure exactly what) but my doc said all was well. Had an echo he also said was good, a holter (24hrs) revealed a heart rate of 130bpm at times, but really nothing more. But i did not have an episode in that 24hrs. The doc is mad that i requested a referral to a cardiologist, but i cant go on being told im fine when i know im not. Any ideas??