Aa
A
A
Close
issues with drugs
I used meth from the time I was 14 until I was 21 when I quit because I had a bad UA at work. About a month later I went to urgent care because I was waking up every night hyperventelating so I thought I was having some kind of panic attack while I was sleeping.
  It turned out to be end stage CHF my e\f was 12%. I continued to decline to the point where I was no longer able to bathe myself, I was in a wheelchair and needed help getting dressed.
  During that time I ended up with a pulmonary embolism and a DVT in my left arm. I spent close to 3 weeks in the hospital and when I was leaving they said and I quote "you have end stage heart failure and there is nothing we can do but make you comfortable".
  So when I got home I bought some meth and got high...I figured if I'm going to die anyways what's it matter.
I continued to get high and seemed to be getting better.
  Now it's 4 years later and you would never even guess I even had CHF and I'm still using. The problem I'm having is I quit for 3 weeks and started retaining alot of water...So much that I couldn't lay down without coughing and having a really hard time breathing. So I got high and a few days later I had lost almost all of the water weight.
  I don't want to get high anymore but it seems like when I don't I go down hill fast. So how do I approach my cardiologist with this issue...I'm afraid they won't want to see me anymore but I have to do something because I'm tired of feeling like if I quit I'll die...I would be so greatful for any advice that could help
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
That's interesting to say the least.  However, find yourself a doctor who will prescribe the proper medication for CHF.

Coreg is a good place to start, along with lasix, and whatever else the doctor thinks will help you.

I'm in end stage heart failure and my doctor still gives me the medication I need to control it.  I take Coreg 25mg 2 x day, Diltiaziem 90 mg 3 x day, and Lasix 120 a day, and it does a good job of controlling the symptoms, such as the profound swelling you wrote about.  I was told about 1 1/2 years ago that I was going to die and I'm still here.

I think your doctor would be more understanding than you give him credit for, but if not, there are others who would be.  They might give you a hard time for what you're doing, but I don't think they would just turn their back on you.

I hope this helps.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
566249 tn?1294661218
Blank
GardeniaDreams So very tired. Comment
21 hrs ago
Blank
5665 commented on Think LYRICA was culp...
Jul 21
Blank
marilee176 bloating gas and indegestion Comment
Jul 16
Congestive Heart Failure Community Resources