Congestive Heart Failure Community
issues with drugs
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

issues with drugs

I used meth from the time I was 14 until I was 21 when I quit because I had a bad UA at work. About a month later I went to urgent care because I was waking up every night hyperventelating so I thought I was having some kind of panic attack while I was sleeping.
  It turned out to be end stage CHF my e\f was 12%. I continued to decline to the point where I was no longer able to bathe myself, I was in a wheelchair and needed help getting dressed.
  During that time I ended up with a pulmonary embolism and a DVT in my left arm. I spent close to 3 weeks in the hospital and when I was leaving they said and I quote "you have end stage heart failure and there is nothing we can do but make you comfortable".
  So when I got home I bought some meth and got high...I figured if I'm going to die anyways what's it matter.
I continued to get high and seemed to be getting better.
  Now it's 4 years later and you would never even guess I even had CHF and I'm still using. The problem I'm having is I quit for 3 weeks and started retaining alot of water...So much that I couldn't lay down without coughing and having a really hard time breathing. So I got high and a few days later I had lost almost all of the water weight.
  I don't want to get high anymore but it seems like when I don't I go down hill fast. So how do I approach my cardiologist with this issue...I'm afraid they won't want to see me anymore but I have to do something because I'm tired of feeling like if I quit I'll die...I would be so greatful for any advice that could help