Congestive Heart Failure Community
mom
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

mom

My mom is 71 and has been drinking for 50 years and has been smoking for 53 years she has heart failure and was just told she is only using 10% of her heart but will not quit drinking or smoking.she thinks because she only drink 2 drinks a day now that thats okay.she won't give in and stop this crap and she lives with me what can i expect to happen to her.
5669694_tn?1372074010
Unfortunately, at her age with her heart condition and drinking/smoking habits, she may not live much longer. The odds are really against her. It's an awful situation to have to watch your parent's health deteriorate because of their bad choices in lifestyle and can't do anything about it.. my mom had a heart attack and other health issues at 43. She refused to stop drinking, smoking, and eating fast food. Finally at 54, she has stopped both but only because she started going to church. She claims gold helped her quit. Unfortunately, you can't force your mother to quit. All you can do is talk to her, tell her you love her and don't want to lose her and for her to please take better care of herself so you can continue to have her in your life. I hope she listens. Wish you and your mother luck.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Start Tracking Now
MedHelp Health Answers
Recent Activity
Blank
Rebeccat77 commented on Low potassium and no ...
Dec 16
168348_tn?1379360675
Blank
ChitChatNine made cookies last night! Comment
Dec 01
Blank
kjbascom added the Blood Pressure Tracker
Nov 07
Congestive Heart Failure Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank