Congestive Heart Failure Expert Forum
new medication-Coreg
About This Forum:

CHF is a condition in which the heart can’t pump enough blood to meet the body’s needs. In some cases, the heart can’t fill with enough blood. In other cases, the heart can’t pump blood to the rest of the body with enough force. Some people have both problems. The term "heart failure" doesn’t mean that your heart has stopped or is about to stop working. Heart failure is a serious condition that requires medical care. This forum is a place to ask questions about CHF. Some examples are: How is CHF diagnosed? What treatment options are available for me?

If you have a question that requires immediate medical attention, or if you think you may have an emergency situation, please call your doctor or 911 IMMEDIATELY!

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

new medication-Coreg

I am a 48 year old female with  4 year history of shortness of breath with exertion, dizziness, dry cough. Also, the more exercise I do, the more my chest feels like I inhaled smoke or I am getting a chest cold.I have been tested for pulmonary hypertension back in 2009 as on an echo, I had elevated pressures of 45 to 50. The RHC was negative with a mean of 18. Last October I had a TIA and the MRI showed 3 previous strokes. No known cause was found. I am going to cardiac rehab and my shortness of breath continues. I have also been tachycardic so my family doc thought with the post exercise cough I get, maybe I was going into CHF so put me on Coreg. I have been on it for almost 2 weeks and my symptoms of shortness of breath with exercise are much worse. The only good thing is the light headedness I always get with exercise is better. My question is, should I continue to take this medication? It freaks me out that it could be CHF especially since no one can tell me why. With my symptoms being worse with exercise, what could that mean? Could it be a lung issue even though asthma was ruled out twice?