Congestive Heart Failure Expert Forum
nipple pain

CHF is a condition in which the heart can’t pump enough blood to meet the body’s needs. In some cases, the heart can’t fill with enough blood. In other cases, the heart can’t pump blood to the rest of the body with enough force. Some people have both problems. The term "heart failure" doesn’t mean that your heart has stopped or is about to stop working. Heart failure is a serious condition that requires medical care. This forum is a place to ask questions about CHF. Some examples are: How is CHF diagnosed? What treatment options are available for me?

If you have a question that requires immediate medical attention, or if you think you may have an emergency situation, please call your doctor or 911 IMMEDIATELY!

nipple pain

I have congestive heart failure, and in March of this year i received a defibrillator. For the last  3 weeks i have been having pain in my left nipple as well as it staying hard. The pain goes all through my left breast.  Please help..
Hello and welcome to the forum.

I am not sure that your nipple pain is related to congestive heart failure (or even your heart for that matter).

I would start with your internal medicine/pcp doctor first for an evaluation.  With the information (or lack thereof) that you provided, it is difficult for me to shed any further light on your situation.

I'm sorry that you are having this pain but hope it can be sorted out by your doctor.  If in the future you develop symptoms or other issues consistent with heart failure, I would be happy to try to help.  But nipple pain is not associated with heart failure.

Best,

Dr. Rich

PS Though mostly seen in men, a medication called spironolactone can sometimes cause breast discomfort.  If this medication was recently started, this would be a consideration.
Thank you for helping me. I am on spiralatone for congestive heart failure. Thanks again.