post ablation problems-could I have fluid around my heart?
I had an ablation two and a half weeks ago and since have not been feeling well. They had to give me a lot of fluids in the hospital and I am up eight pounds. When I first came home my hands and feet were swelling and my chest was sore but that got better, now my hands and feet are not swollen but I am still up the weight and now I am so short of breath that I feel like I am suffocating. I can not sleep laying flat at all and my chest feels like someone is pressing on it. Could I have fluid around my heart now or is this just normal after an ablation? Please help!!

Congestive heart failure is a known complication post ablation and from your symptoms it’s looking like the same. I’ll suggest you to visit a cardiologist and get an echocardiography done and it will give a clear picture of the status of the heart problem. Pericardial effusion or fluid collection around the heart is a known complication post ablation but in majority it’s self resolving and only in a few it can result in a serious emergency called as pericardial tamponade and this usually happens immediately after the procedure and doesn’t usually happen after some days have passéd off.  

Hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted. Kind regards.
Thank you! I went in Thursday for my follow-up with the doctor and he said that the monitor showed that I was firing from my AV node about 80% of the time. HE also said I had some really long pauses. So he said I needed a pacemaker and scheduled it for the next day. I went in and had it done, then after he told me that my diaphram was damaged during the ablation and only one side is working. He said that rarely your diaphram nerve sits on your heart so when he was burning it burned the diaphram also. HE said that it will take maybe up to a year to heal! SO I guess I will have to get used to this feeling for a while. I do feel a lot better since getting the pacemaker but I am unclear on something. If my heart is firing from the AV node but over my pacemaker rate will it correct that? Or does it have to go below the set rate in order to fire? I have a rate responsive ST Jude pacemaker. I have just noticed that I still feel it irregular (like its beating from the AV node)but in the 80's. Do you know if that is just something I will have to live with? Thanks so much!!