Congestive Heart Failure Community
prognosis
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

prognosis

I am the mother of a 33year old mentally handicapped daughter.  For many years her weezing was treated as asmtha.  Last year she was finally correctly diagnosed with congestive heart failure.  Her current EF is 25% up from 15%.  I am concerned about the prognosis and her chances for a full life.
Related Discussions
Hi,
I can understand the pain & difficulty you & your daughter are going through. The overall prognosis is not very good in such a scenario where the EF is around 25%. However, with the use of drugs like digoxin, ace inhibitors, diuretics etc one can try to maintain the EF around the same or rather improve it a bit. A search for the underlying cause of CHF also should be searched for and the treatment directed towards the same. The common causes are cardiomyopathy, valvular heart disease, ischemic heart disease etc. Along with that dietary measures like less salt & fluid intake needs to be maintained. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Start Tracking Now
MedHelp Health Answers
Recent Activity
168348_tn?1379360675
Blank
ChitChatNine is happy! Comment
Jul 22
9310208_tn?1403204479
Blank
deannagrimsley is finally 9 weeks :) Comment
Jul 14
Blank
rgbird55 commented on Low potassium and no ...
Jul 10
Congestive Heart Failure Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
3 Reasons Why You are Still Binge E...
Jul 14 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
242532_tn?1269553979