Congestive Heart Failure Community
resting heart rate 111
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

resting heart rate 111

I am 49 old female.  Just lost my mom to cancer Oct 7,2010.  I consulted a cardiologist due to pain under left breast bone.  Had Nuclear Stress Test, Echo, EKG, Holtor Monitor, Heart Cath.  Stress test showed mild ischemia on the left after exercise.  Normal blood flow at rest.  Echo showed ejection fraction 87%, but everything was normal size shape and function.  EKG normal.  Holtor Monitor showed highest heart rate at 144, and lowest at 54, with average of 93.  Heart cath showed no heart disease or valvular stenosis.  He mentioned in the report that I had a severe obstructive Myocardial Bridge on the left side.  When he talked to my family after the test, he did not mention the bridge.  He said that my heart was beating so fast that it was restricting the amount of blood flow into my heart.  He put me on Metoprolol 25mg, low dose aspirin and emphasised the importance of regular exercise.  He told me to increase my salt because I was slightly dehydrated and to drink more water.  Even though he told me at my hospital follow up that I was in good shape, I still don't feel right.  I have a history of anxiety, and the cardiologist agreed that I tend to obcess over things.  I am also taking low dose of Synthroid for elevated TSH.  Could there be something serious developing here?

Any information to put my mind at ease would be appreciated