severe hypokinetic lv failure
My husband just had echo the result was severe hypokinetic LV failure.  His ejection fracture was 20-25 %.  He is 53yrs old.  We have not seen cardiologist since he had test.  We will go on to see him on March 12th.  I want to see if you can tell us what the prognosis for this disease.  What usually causes is.  Treatment.  What are other questions should we ask the cardiologist.  Thanks,  
To my understanding,  an hypokinetic LV it is not a disease but a symptom. The first question to the cardiologist should be what he thinks that the disease is. There are several possibilities like a heart attack or dilated cardiomyopathy between others.

With this ejection fraction, he could be a candidate to get an ICD implanted. If this is the case, remember that the decision to accept it or not only belongs to your husband. In any case he should fully understand what  implications on his job it will have (it depends on what he does).

Jesus