Congestive Heart Failure Community
still having problems

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).

still having problems

3 years ago I had 2 stints put in 3 months  later I had the sme symptoms ,shortness of breath I then had triple bypass, about a year and a half later the same symptons came back I then had 2 more stints put in 6 months later the  symptoms back.plus pain at night when I lay down they don't have any answers for me, anyone have any suggestions?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

As I understand multiple stenting procedures and coronary bypass surgery could not restore adequate blood flow through the coronary arteries. The success of the stenting or surgery depends on the viable myocardium that is present. Further course of action now will depend on your ejection fraction and clinical symptoms. If your symptoms cannot be managed by medications or further stenting, then the option may be cardiac transplant surgery. Please discuss in detail the options available with your cardiologist, he can guide you appropriately.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
thank you for the info.  I am 69 years old,MY  IF is 52.  Do they give heart transplants to people my age?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Your ejection fraction is 52? The ejection fraction is a useful measure of left ventricular performance. The normal range is 63-77% for males and 55-75% for females. It reflects the pumping capacity of the heart. Values below 35% are diagnostic of heart failure.

For heart transplant there is no age limit, but it is preferably done for patients below 70 yrs of age. Patients should be in severe heart failure for heart transplantation. And since your ejection fraction is 52%, it does not qualify as heart failure and so your doctor may plan to manage conservatively with medications.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition