thickening of left aorta
what does it mean when you are told thaqt you have thickening of the left aorta? and how serious is that?
Actually, I am not clear from your query whether it’s the thickening of aorta or the thickening of the left ventricle,  as both are separate entities although they are intimately related. Thickening of the ventricle commonly occurs due to hypertension which puts a lot of load on the left ventricle. It can also occur due to diabetes which, if longstanding, produces enlargement of the ventricle initially but in the long run. The ventricular wall actually thins out.

Similarly, the thickening of the aorta is commonly due to the deposition of fat within the lumen of the aorta.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.