unknown reason to lower EF - Maybe virus
I'm 42 and last Aug/09, my EF% was 40%.  I'm was in good shape where the doc's decided to do a heart cath to find the root cause.  They found zero blockages, NO heart damage and the heart itself is very good with normal shape with good flow except in the LV.  They have no reason why my EF% is still at 40.  I run 3 times per week at 2 miles each time and tennis on the weekend.  The doc's think a virus attacked my heart.  They have no other reason.  They started me on two meds...one as a ACE blocker and one as a beta blocker.  Does anyone have a similar story and what's the chance it will improve.  I know EF is not the only thing to look at.  My activity level is still good and all other parts of the heart are good.  I'm concerned about the 40%.  My Cardio doc wants met to see a CHF specialist to find out aobut the viurs and root cause.

I read too many stories and they seem scary...But it looks I have some good point on my side.

I apprecaite any feedback, as this is totally new ground for me.
Here is my post above.