unusual swelling of feet and ankles
I went to the doctor because my feet and ankles are very swollen, especially the left ones. I also had concerns about the fact that I have real bad fatigue. These symptoms have never happen to me before. My doctoe was too busy and concentrated on a whole other problem and said she only had time for one issue. I did, however, tell her my symptoms anyway and she was very unconcerned and wants to send me for a sleep test. She did no tests and didnt even look at my ankles and feet. I am 50 years old and am scared after exploring my symptoms on the internet and they all lead to congestive heart failure. My father had bad heart disease and a few bypass sergeries and later died from it. My question is, should I go to an ergent care or reschedule an appointment with my doctor.
I would seek another doctor, that's the first thing I would do and keep right on looking until you find one who 'has the time to lidsten' to you. Your doctor fails to understand you are PAYING HER to listen and help you; you are not there for her entertainment! One thing you have to realize is that there are many reasons for the legs and feet to swell. Swollen feet and legs can be the result, simply, of the valves in the legs becoming sluggish due to age. They don't work properly and they allow the blood to pool in the legs and ankles causing the swelling. They could be related to kidney disfunction. They could be simply the sympathetic nervous system failing to work. Sometimes the worse place for people to be is on the internet, especially if they lack the medical knowledge to understand the number of variables involved with how the body works and doesn't work. Find yourself another doctor, first and foremost!
I agree 100% that you need to change doctors right away! First off if she only had time for one issue on this visit, she will only have time for one visit on the next!!!  Your swollen feet and ankles could most certainly be from CHF and you don't want to fool around with that at all!  Do yourself a favor and find an internal medicine physician. When you make the doctor appointment, ask them what their usual wait time is and you can bet if they tell you an hour or more, keep  searching!  Do you get short of breath?  Do you have difficulty laying on your back when in bed? Those are classic symptoms of CHF along with the swelling!  I wish you the best!
I would like to say something: I have all of the classic symptoms of CHF, swollen ankles and feet to the point, I can't wear my shoes at times, SOB, cough etc. I have been checked out by a good cardiologist who did a complete work-up on me. I have a history of SVT (no longer treated) which could easily put me into CHF. I do NOT have CHF. So just because a patient has the symptoms of CHF, does not mean that they have the disease.