Cord Blood Community
Cord Blood and Cord Stem Banking

Cord Blood is the blood that remains in a baby’s umbilical cord after it has been cut and is considered particularly important as it is a rich source of stem cells. Banking cord blood can be used for medical procedures late in life. Discuss topics including cord blood banking and donating.

Cord Blood and Cord Stem Banking

Hi Doctor, my wife is in her 22nd week of her pregnancy. We are planning for cord stem and cord blood banking. Could you please advice if it's a right decision and will it be helpful in future. Also my mother had liver cancer for which she had been operated upon. Will my baby's cell be of any use to her. I stay in India so could you please advice any good and reliable stem cell banking company here. Regards
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Going for cord blood banking is a good decision. There are many such cord blood banks in India and the hospital you have chosen for your delivery will be able to arrange it for you. Cord blood is a rich source of Hematopoietic Stem Cells (HSCs).  Cord blood can be used to treat (and often cure) numerous diseases. Research on stem cell therapy has shown that these could be used to treat various life threatening diseases which include all types of cancer and blood disorders like leukaemia, thalessaemia, sickle cell anaemia etc. There is now a long list of hundreds of diseases and conditions that cord blood can be used to treat...most of them at this time use cord blood from a matched blood relative. Consult your Doctor regarding the same.
Hope this helps. Take care.
    Its the best decision your going to take. Stem cells through umbilical cord are used in the treatment of life threatening diseases like cancer,stroke,blood disorder, heart attack and many more. Many people are not aware of it and people think its really very costly. But there are many banks that store your baby stem cell with low cost like RMS regrow, Lfecell, cryobanksindia