Cord Blood Community
Family use right after baby is born

Cord Blood is the blood that remains in a baby’s umbilical cord after it has been cut and is considered particularly important as it is a rich source of stem cells. Banking cord blood can be used for medical procedures late in life. Discuss topics including cord blood banking and donating.

Family use right after baby is born

So if my babies dad brother has lukimia n has to get a stem cell transplant could he just use it right away or would it cost a fortune for us to let him use our sons cord blood stem cells rather then a random persons?? Like do we pay a whole lot for it to be banked still if he's gonna use it? Also if my son was born in a different hospital then his treatment how would he get it? Is it transferable?
I am not too sure about that I will have to do some checking,l but I think before he can ":use" the CB they have to make sure it matches.