Cord Blood Community
What is the difference between public and private cord blood banking?

Cord Blood is the blood that remains in a baby’s umbilical cord after it has been cut and is considered particularly important as it is a rich source of stem cells. Banking cord blood can be used for medical procedures late in life. Discuss topics including cord blood banking and donating.

We are still in the stages of TTC and are going to be taking the route of IVF.  I wanted to start doing my research though on cord blood banking.  I am kind of confused on what benefits there would be with public vs private, can anyone kind of explain this to me?
Public banking is free, you donate it at birth and if you ever need it and it hasn't been given to another family it is yours to use. Private banking is something that has a cost to store. It is privately yours to use and not accessible for anyone else. The choice is yours. Hope this helps a little