anyone done or doing cord blood collection?
I have been thinking about doing this  and was wondering if anyone has any stories or knows of anyone who has used the cord blood? I am a murphys law kind of person and if I dont do something just in case, it tends to come back to bite me.  
My daughter did the cord blood collection and I am so glad she did.  She registered with one of the companies and they sent her a kit, that she took with her to the hospital.  The doctor will collect the blood from the umbilical cord and then they ship it to the company for storage.  My daughter received a confirmation from that company once they received the sample, so we knew they had it in their possession.

There are upfront charges and then an annual fee to keep the sample in storage.  It seems like an expensive thing to do, but it is sure worth it if something were to go wrong with your child and this process could save their lives......
I looked into it and was very interested, but then I found out how much it was. I would love to do something like that, but it cost to much for my family. But I say if you have the money and want to do it, go for it!