100% Block Right Coronary Artery
Hi, my husband is 60 yrs. old and has been dealing with CAD for the past  15 yrs he has numerous stints in the right and left coronary arteries. He had a cardiac cath done yesterday and his doctor came out and told us that his right conoary artery was 100% blocked from scar tissue and was not able to open the artery and that  the left CA is doing OK for now I asked him about bypass and told us that it could not be bypassed  the doctor wants my husband to start EECP  in the next few weeks to help grow new branches of arteries off the right CA. I don't understand why the right artery can't be bypassed  the drawing he showed us the artery was 100% blocked about midway down in the artery. Why can't he use the top part of the artery to bypass the blocked part of this artery. I want the doctor to do something before the left artery becomes 100% blocked from scar tissue due to the stints. can he be saved with a bypass? The hospital is a general hospital. I wish I knew of a heart hospital close to me I am from College Station Texas and my heart doctor is Dr. Lechin he has been treating me for several years and I have asked him about bypass and all he tells me is that would not be suitable now I am wondering if it's because I am on Medicare and don't have good enough insurance. I hate to lose my life due to not having well enough insurance that scares me to death. I have a feeling that is why bypass is not a option for me. Thank GOD my wife has a $15,000.00 insurance policy to bury me with since that is all I was approved for since I have a pre-exsisting condition. It's very heart breaking to know I lose.
Go to texasheart.org  This is the Texas Heart Institute in Houston. That is close to you! Wishing you the best!