Coronary Heart Disease (CAD) Community
3vd / Valve Regurgitation

Coronary Heart Disease (CHD) (aka: Coronary Artery Disease (CAD); Atherosclerosis; is the leading cause of death worldwide. It is a disease in which a waxy substance called plaque (plak) builds up inside the coronary arteries. These arteries supply oxygen-rich blood to your heart muscle. Over time, CHD can weaken the heart muscle and lead to heart failure or irregular heart rhythms (arrhythmia). The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Coronary Heart Disease patients, their loved ones, and caregivers.

3vd / Valve Regurgitation

8543673?1353667762
My Father ,74 years age, a known patient of diabetes , hypertention ,was diaganosed with 3vd(3 vessel disease ) about two years ago and had cabag(open heart surgery) , he is feeling ok , other than palpitations and heart murmering during exertion or in rest some times.
He  had echo,ultrasound,holter, tests during last one month , the reason for that was palpitation , mumuring sound  of  heart , (the reports are in my photos portion , and viewable) , Today cardiologist gave opinion that there is heart valve leakage(valve regurgitation) , as some layer /scaling is shown below the heart surface. According to doc they will not do anything before one year , and only medications are sufficent. Medication he is taking after Cabag is Cavidalol 6.25 , Simvastatin(Zocor) and diabetese & hypertension medicines.I would like to ask what we should do further , and what should be his future plan to avoid /repair /treat this .
All reports , Echo, USG imrages can bee seen in my photos section
Please keep in mind that we are not doctors so you should discuss these issues with your father's cardiologist or get a second medical opinion if you are concerned.

Having said that, your father's report is pretty normal for a 74 year old man TVD. His EF% is good and the findings of mild LVH which means the walls of his ventricle are a little think which could be due to the valve disease, but it is not serious. The hypokinesis is a lazy area of the heart that does not beat as strong as it should, but he is on good meds for that.

Overall, his report is not bad given his history. I would just be working very closely with his doctor.As long as he keeps his cholesterol and BP under control he should do well.

Good luck!

Jon