Coronary Heart Disease (CAD) Community
Abnormal Echo Test

Coronary Heart Disease (CHD) (aka: Coronary Artery Disease (CAD); Atherosclerosis; is the leading cause of death worldwide. It is a disease in which a waxy substance called plaque (plak) builds up inside the coronary arteries. These arteries supply oxygen-rich blood to your heart muscle. Over time, CHD can weaken the heart muscle and lead to heart failure or irregular heart rhythms (arrhythmia). The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Coronary Heart Disease patients, their loved ones, and caregivers.

Abnormal Echo Test

An echo test I had done listed the following. If you would be so kind what is your take on the following:
1. Doppler parameters were consistent with abnormal left ventricular relaxation (grade 1 diastolic dysfunction).
2. Left atrium: The atrium was mildly dilated.
3. Mitral valve: Mild regurgitation.
Is this something to worry about and could this be reversible (diet, exercise, etc..)?
Thanks again!  
It is moderate left ventricular dysfunction an lifestyle and medicines are needed for moderate left ventricular diastolic dysfunction. It can also be termed as the early stage of diastolic dysfunction. No specific treatment is needed and lifestyle measures need to be incorporated. The diastolic dysfunction treatment is generally aimed at treating a cause like diabetes, high blood pressure, etc. that leads to a stiff ventricle
Calcium channel blocker drugs may be used to reduce the stiffness in ventricles.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.