Coronary Heart Disease (CAD) Community
About blockage in D1 and OM1

Coronary Heart Disease (CHD) (aka: Coronary Artery Disease (CAD); Atherosclerosis; is the leading cause of death worldwide. It is a disease in which a waxy substance called plaque (plak) builds up inside the coronary arteries. These arteries supply oxygen-rich blood to your heart muscle. Over time, CHD can weaken the heart muscle and lead to heart failure or irregular heart rhythms (arrhythmia). The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Coronary Heart Disease patients, their loved ones, and caregivers.

About blockage in D1 and OM1

Dear sir
I am now 48 years old.I am suffering from heart disease since I am 27 years. At the age of 37 I have done CABG 3 i.e Lima to LAD, SVG to D1 and OM1. At the age of 46 I did my second angiogram and found SVG to D1 100% blocked and SVG to OM1 80-90% stenosis. So at the age of 47 I put two stents on OM1. but at that time also my doctor try to put 3rd stent on SVG to OM1 on tissue side but due to high risk they did not put that 3rd stent.

What I mean to say is now I have one blockage SVG to D1 100% stenosis and next blockage is on SVG to OM1 on tissue 90% stenosis. My left main artery, LAD and RCA is normal. Now my Question is that how danger my current blockages are ? how they effect to my in my daily life by that blockage ? How can I be get rid of from that blockage ?
My current  problem is when initial walking pain start on neck sholder, left back of chest pain, chest pain in middle sometime sofocation also in walking.

What to do pls pls pls kindly suggest the best and suitable way.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your predicament, but it difficult to suggest further course of therapy as this will depend on the extent of damage to the cardiac muscle and your symptoms. With your present symptoms of chest pain and breathlessness, its likely that the cardiac function is inadequate. What is your ejection fraction? The ejection fraction is a useful measure of left ventricular performance. The normal range is 63-77% for males and 55-75% for females. It reflects the pumping capacity of the heart.

Please discuss in detail all the treatment options with your doctor, it will help you decide. And Good Luck with your therapy.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Your SVG are not strong vessels, Veins just aren't up to the same punishment as arteries and this is well known. You did seem to get 10 years out of them, which isn't bad. The Lima will last a very long time. With the new tools etc for angioplasty which have appeared in the last 10 years, I would find a more confident/experienced cardiologist. Ask your existing one to recommend someone, they know who the best are. They should be able to get your native vessels opened, your OM1 and Diagonal 1. It's all about the experience of the cardiologist and finding them.