Coronary Heart Disease (CAD) Community
Cardiac heart bridge of LAD has chest pain radiating to jaw

Coronary Heart Disease (CHD) (aka: Coronary Artery Disease (CAD); Atherosclerosis; is the leading cause of death worldwide. It is a disease in which a waxy substance called plaque (plak) builds up inside the coronary arteries. These arteries supply oxygen-rich blood to your heart muscle. Over time, CHD can weaken the heart muscle and lead to heart failure or irregular heart rhythms (arrhythmia). The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Coronary Heart Disease patients, their loved ones, and caregivers.

My husband was dx about ten years ago with systematic Cardiac heart bridge of LAD.  He has been controlled with procardia and atenolol but somehow when he filled his meds for the week he missed putting in the procardia  after four days he had an episode of severe chest pain rushed to the hospital was put on nitroglycerin  his pain did not go away but the doctor felt since his enzymes were only slightly elevated that he discharged him saying it must be gastric in nature.  Since then he is very weak becomes dizzy when he walks and has chest pressure with jaw pain.  We don't know what to do.  Many of the cardiologist in our area feel that his condition is nothing to worry about,  we live in Mariposa ca. a hour away from Fresno California and three hours from Standford .  Should we be worried and does anyone know of any cardiologist that specializes in his condition .  We don't know what to do
Tags: Heart bridge
Did they prescribe a medication for the gastric issue? to reduce acid levels? I can tell you from experience that when acid gets up into the esophagus it really is painful and I too went to the hospital a while back thinking I was having another heart attack. The symptoms were 90% the same. Acid reduction medication did the trick but took a little while. I was told a group of muscles at the bottom of the esophagus, where it joins the stomach, forms a sphincter and this doesn't work properly if attacked by stomach acid. The acid can then travel up, damaging the esophagus. It didn't hurt only after eating, it seemed to come on at random times and last a considerable amount of time, sometimes hours.
Just to add something. You may be wondering how dizziness etc can occur with the gastric issue. I was told that the inflamed esophagus can rub against the vagus nerve, over stimulating it. This can cause blood pressure to drop and the heart to slow, making you feel dizzy.