Coronary Heart Disease (CAD) Community
Chest pains
About This Community:

Coronary Heart Disease (CHD) (aka: Coronary Artery Disease (CAD); Atherosclerosis; is the leading cause of death worldwide. It is a disease in which a waxy substance called plaque (plak) builds up inside the coronary arteries. These arteries supply oxygen-rich blood to your heart muscle. Over time, CHD can weaken the heart muscle and lead to heart failure or irregular heart rhythms (arrhythmia). The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Coronary Heart Disease patients, their loved ones, and caregivers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Chest pains

I am 39 years old, ex-smoker (quit 18 months ago), overrweight, and I do take 5 mill of lisinopril to treat high blood pressure.

The past couple of days I have been getting piching type pains in the left side of my chest. They come on quickly and go away quickly, it is similar to gas pain but very short and quick. It almost feels like someone is pinching my nerves or my heart. I did not have these pains 3 straight days, I had them on Monday and then again on Wednesday, and do not have them today.

Last month I had chest tightness and shortness of breath so I went to the ER, they did ekg, blood, and a catscan angiogram. They say that the catscan angio is 99% effective in ruling out blockages and heart disease.

I aslo just had my yearly physical and all cbc was within normal limits, however, my cholesterol was borderline high.

My question is, since I just had the heart problems ruled out by the angio a month ago how likely is it that these pinching feeling that I am experiencing now is heart related or not related?

159619_tn?1318997813
It's very unlikely it's your heart. Sharp pains that come and go with short duration over a period of time are not normally cardiac in nature. The fact that you had a clean angio would make this heart related even less likely. Just make sure you tell your doctor about any changes in your symptoms.

Jon
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
Blank
liljodav is ...female Comment
Mar 13
1475202_tn?1388955435
Blank
rpooo commented on Surgery Christmas Eve...
Dec 24
Blank
jaysie123 your status can't be blank Comment
Nov 28
Blank
HeartRhythm Tracker
Track Your Heart Rate
Start Tracking Now
Coronary Heart Disease (CAD) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank