Coronary Heart Disease (CAD) Community
Chest pains

Coronary Heart Disease (CHD) (aka: Coronary Artery Disease (CAD); Atherosclerosis; is the leading cause of death worldwide. It is a disease in which a waxy substance called plaque (plak) builds up inside the coronary arteries. These arteries supply oxygen-rich blood to your heart muscle. Over time, CHD can weaken the heart muscle and lead to heart failure or irregular heart rhythms (arrhythmia). The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Coronary Heart Disease patients, their loved ones, and caregivers.

Chest pains

I am 39 years old, ex-smoker (quit 18 months ago), overrweight, and I do take 5 mill of lisinopril to treat high blood pressure.

The past couple of days I have been getting piching type pains in the left side of my chest. They come on quickly and go away quickly, it is similar to gas pain but very short and quick. It almost feels like someone is pinching my nerves or my heart. I did not have these pains 3 straight days, I had them on Monday and then again on Wednesday, and do not have them today.

Last month I had chest tightness and shortness of breath so I went to the ER, they did ekg, blood, and a catscan angiogram. They say that the catscan angio is 99% effective in ruling out blockages and heart disease.

I aslo just had my yearly physical and all cbc was within normal limits, however, my cholesterol was borderline high.

My question is, since I just had the heart problems ruled out by the angio a month ago how likely is it that these pinching feeling that I am experiencing now is heart related or not related?

It's very unlikely it's your heart. Sharp pains that come and go with short duration over a period of time are not normally cardiac in nature. The fact that you had a clean angio would make this heart related even less likely. Just make sure you tell your doctor about any changes in your symptoms.

Jon