Chest pains
I am 39 years old, ex-smoker (quit 18 months ago), overrweight, and I do take 5 mill of lisinopril to treat high blood pressure.

The past couple of days I have been getting piching type pains in the left side of my chest. They come on quickly and go away quickly, it is similar to gas pain but very short and quick. It almost feels like someone is pinching my nerves or my heart. I did not have these pains 3 straight days, I had them on Monday and then again on Wednesday, and do not have them today.

Last month I had chest tightness and shortness of breath so I went to the ER, they did ekg, blood, and a catscan angiogram. They say that the catscan angio is 99% effective in ruling out blockages and heart disease.

I aslo just had my yearly physical and all cbc was within normal limits, however, my cholesterol was borderline high.

My question is, since I just had the heart problems ruled out by the angio a month ago how likely is it that these pinching feeling that I am experiencing now is heart related or not related?

Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
159619_tn?1318997813
It's very unlikely it's your heart. Sharp pains that come and go with short duration over a period of time are not normally cardiac in nature. The fact that you had a clean angio would make this heart related even less likely. Just make sure you tell your doctor about any changes in your symptoms.

Jon
Comment
Cancel
159619_tn?1318997813
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Chest pains
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
Blank
Calex324 is ... Comment