Coronary Heart Disease (CAD) Community
Help

Coronary Heart Disease (CHD) (aka: Coronary Artery Disease (CAD); Atherosclerosis; is the leading cause of death worldwide. It is a disease in which a waxy substance called plaque (plak) builds up inside the coronary arteries. These arteries supply oxygen-rich blood to your heart muscle. Over time, CHD can weaken the heart muscle and lead to heart failure or irregular heart rhythms (arrhythmia). The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Coronary Heart Disease patients, their loved ones, and caregivers.

Help

Hi Folks,

For a few years now I have been having an odd squeezing / burning feeling below my left breast.  Does not seem to radiate anywhere else.  Seems to occur after I have eaten a meal that is extremely bad for me such as a greasy pizza or when I engage in a sudden sprint or have to lift heavy objects rapidly, or get really stressed.  Anyway, I have run to the ER several times--Approximately twice a year and each time I am given the same battery of tests.  Chest X-Ray, Blood Work, EKG.  Each time I am discharged with a form that states "The pain you are experiencing does not appear to be coming from your heart” In 2010 I even had a Thallium Stress Test which also came back normal.  Everything I read tells me that symptoms I experience are indicative if Angina.  Should I go and see a Cardiologist?  Or does it sound like a case of Cardio phobia?  I am a 40-year old Caucasian male.   .
You can certainly see a cardiologist, but a normal Thallium stress test has been reviewd by a cardiologist and is usually 85% accurate but has a specificity of 97% meaning it finds heart disease 97% of the time so if your doctors say your heart is fine, take their word for it unless you get new symptoms. Your pain is not really indicative of angina as it comes on with exertion and presents as a pressure or crushing pain that last a few mins and resolves with rest. Having a problem after being checked out as closely as you have would be pretty rare.

Jon

Jon