Coronary Heart Disease (CAD) Community
Help
About This Community:

Coronary Heart Disease (CHD) (aka: Coronary Artery Disease (CAD); Atherosclerosis; is the leading cause of death worldwide. It is a disease in which a waxy substance called plaque (plak) builds up inside the coronary arteries. These arteries supply oxygen-rich blood to your heart muscle. Over time, CHD can weaken the heart muscle and lead to heart failure or irregular heart rhythms (arrhythmia). The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Coronary Heart Disease patients, their loved ones, and caregivers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Help

I recently visited a Cardiologist due to experiencing left sided chest aches.  This is not the first time I have visited a Cardiologist as I underwent a Nuclear Stress Test in 2010 (Which came back normal) Continuing to experience the aforementioned chest discomfort I visited another Cardiologist as the former had relocated his practice to another state.  Anyway, this time (two weeks ago) I was given yet another Nuclear Stress Test and an Echo.  Went back to the doc and received what I perceived as good news / not so good news.  Normal Nuclear Stress Test, and “Moderate” thickening of the heart muscle.  That is all I remember unfortunately but if I understand correctly this is called Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy correct? Anyway, I am a 41 year old white male, no diabetes, no kidney issues, and take Lisinopril and Cardizem.  Doc says he wants to see me a couple of times a year for BP / weight check (I’m kind of a big guy) Question is:  Do I need to freak out about this?  Or is this something that comes with age etc.
My advise Is to ask always for a written report and go with other person to the  Dr.   Because 2 listen more than 1.

To my knowledge Hipertrophic cardiiopathy it a congenital disease. However most of us suffer a hipertrophic left ventricle, normally due to years of high blood pressure.

I guess you are in this group and probably should not worry too much.

Jesus
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
89592_tn?1391278022
Blank
PaulaAnn commented on Staying Active with c...
Dec 12
1475202_tn?1388955435
Blank
rpooo commented on Staying Active with c...
Dec 02
317787_tn?1373214989
Blank
Dee1956 commented on Staying Active with c...
Dec 02
Blank
HeartRhythm Tracker
Track Your Heart Rate
Start Tracking Now
Coronary Heart Disease (CAD) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank
242532_tn?1269553979