Help
I recently visited a Cardiologist due to experiencing left sided chest aches.  This is not the first time I have visited a Cardiologist as I underwent a Nuclear Stress Test in 2010 (Which came back normal) Continuing to experience the aforementioned chest discomfort I visited another Cardiologist as the former had relocated his practice to another state.  Anyway, this time (two weeks ago) I was given yet another Nuclear Stress Test and an Echo.  Went back to the doc and received what I perceived as good news / not so good news.  Normal Nuclear Stress Test, and “Moderate” thickening of the heart muscle.  That is all I remember unfortunately but if I understand correctly this is called Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy correct? Anyway, I am a 41 year old white male, no diabetes, no kidney issues, and take Lisinopril and Cardizem.  Doc says he wants to see me a couple of times a year for BP / weight check (I’m kind of a big guy) Question is:  Do I need to freak out about this?  Or is this something that comes with age etc.
My advise Is to ask always for a written report and go with other person to the  Dr.   Because 2 listen more than 1.

To my knowledge Hipertrophic cardiiopathy it a congenital disease. However most of us suffer a hipertrophic left ventricle, normally due to years of high blood pressure.

I guess you are in this group and probably should not worry too much.

Jesus