Coronary Heart Disease (CAD) Community
Help

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Help

I recently visited a Cardiologist due to experiencing left sided chest aches.  This is not the first time I have visited a Cardiologist as I underwent a Nuclear Stress Test in 2010 (Which came back normal) Continuing to experience the aforementioned chest discomfort I visited another Cardiologist as the former had relocated his practice to another state.  Anyway, this time (two weeks ago) I was given yet another Nuclear Stress Test and an Echo.  Went back to the doc and received what I perceived as good news / not so good news.  Normal Nuclear Stress Test, and “Moderate” thickening of the heart muscle.  That is all I remember unfortunately but if I understand correctly this is called Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy correct? Anyway, I am a 41 year old white male, no diabetes, no kidney issues, and take Lisinopril and Cardizem.  Doc says he wants to see me a couple of times a year for BP / weight check (I’m kind of a big guy) Question is:  Do I need to freak out about this?  Or is this something that comes with age etc.
My advise Is to ask always for a written report and go with other person to the  Dr.   Because 2 listen more than 1.

To my knowledge Hipertrophic cardiiopathy it a congenital disease. However most of us suffer a hipertrophic left ventricle, normally due to years of high blood pressure.

I guess you are in this group and probably should not worry too much.

Jesus
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
RubyWitch Life is short......ride you... Comment
May 05
Calex324 is ... Comment
04/15
Calex324 joined this community
Welcome them!
04/15
HeartRhythm Tracker
Track Your Heart Rate