Coronary Heart Disease (CAD) Community
How to Manage my pain.

Coronary Heart Disease (CHD) (aka: Coronary Artery Disease (CAD); Atherosclerosis; is the leading cause of death worldwide. It is a disease in which a waxy substance called plaque (plak) builds up inside the coronary arteries. These arteries supply oxygen-rich blood to your heart muscle. Over time, CHD can weaken the heart muscle and lead to heart failure or irregular heart rhythms (arrhythmia). The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Coronary Heart Disease patients, their loved ones, and caregivers.

How to Manage my pain.

Dear sir
I am now 48 years old.I am suffering from heart disease since I am 27 years. At the age of 37 I have done CABG 3 i.e Lima to LAD, SVG to D1 and OM1. At the age of 46 I did my second angiogram and found SVG to D1 100% blocked and SVG to OM1 80-90% stenosis. So at the age of 47 I put two stents on OM1. but at that time also my doctor try to put 3rd stent on SVG to OM1 on tissue side but due to high risk they did not put that 3rd stent.

What I mean to say is now I have one blockage SVG to D1 100% stenosis and next blockage is on SVG to OM1 on tissue 90% stenosis. My left main artery, LAD and RCA is normal. Now my Question is that how danger my current blockages are ? how they effect to my in my daily life by that blockage ? How can I be get rid of from that blockage ?
My current  problem is when initial walking pain start on neck sholder, left back of chest pain, chest pain in middle sometime sofocation also in walking.

What to do pls pls pls kindly suggest the best and suitable way.

My Blood pressure level after Stent upto now is appx. 110/70. My blood sugar level is not constant due to type II diabetic.
Current medicines are as follows :

Morning
Insuline Human Matrix 50 unit 34
Diabose 50mg
Effimet 850 mg

Selekon XL 25mg
Ecosprin 150 mg
Imdue 60 mg
Telmi 20 mg

Evening
Insuline Humalog Mix 15 25
Metformin 500mg

Clopiet 75 mg
Crestor 40 mg
Ezetimibe EZ 10mg
Nialip 500 mg

My Lipid Profile latest report of 05 Feb 2013 is as follows.
Cholesterol 155   HDL 22    LDL 108          Triglycerids 125

Pls doctors how to get rid from pain . Pls tell me the pain management method
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Angina or chest pain reflects inadequate flow through the coronary arteries, which supply the cardiac muscle Your ongoing symptoms of chest pain indicate that there is not sufficient flow through these arteries. On exercising the cardiac muscle needs increased blood flow, hence while walking you could be experiencing the pain. Also the cardiac output may be inadequate, hence the breathlessness. For relief from your symptoms the blood flow and the cardiac output need to be improved. I would suggest to limit your walking, keep high risk factors like hypertension and diabetes under control and discuss the treatment options with your doctor.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Thank you very very much for repling. I just wanna know what do you mean by "cardiac output" ? What should i need to do. my local cardiologist just giving me medicines as i provide the details of medicine . It would be great kind on to me if you define about cardiac output. also if you know about 'left artery D1 100% blockage and SVG to OM1 tissue 90% blockage', Its hazards its effects on which part of body, how danger is that blockage. Hoping you early further suggestion or directions
I am slightly confused. They used 2 stents to open the Obtuse Marginal 1 vessel, and they then thought about stenting the graft to that vessel? Why? if the OM1 was opened with stents, then I can't see why they would even consider opening the bypass graft. It doesn't really make any sense. Unless, you are meaning to say stenting the D1?
The Diagonal 1 (D1) comes from your Left anterior descending artery (LAD) and is totally blocked, so stenting it will not do anything. What you need to ask the cardiologist is....Has any heart muscle been killed due to the closure of D1? Perhaps you have opened some natural bypass vessels, called collaterals, to feed that part of the muscle.
What the Doctor is saying in the reply is that the cardiac output can show if any muscle damage has occurred, in other words, how well your heart muscle is working. This is usually stated as an EF percentage, for example EF 60 % or LVEF 60%. Maybe it is on your reports somewhere?
If it is there, and it says 60 %, don't panic, because no ones heart reads as 100%. Normal is somewhere between 55 and 75.
I hope this helps.