Coronary Heart Disease (CAD) Community
Inconclusive Stress Test

Coronary Heart Disease (CHD) (aka: Coronary Artery Disease (CAD); Atherosclerosis; is the leading cause of death worldwide. It is a disease in which a waxy substance called plaque (plak) builds up inside the coronary arteries. These arteries supply oxygen-rich blood to your heart muscle. Over time, CHD can weaken the heart muscle and lead to heart failure or irregular heart rhythms (arrhythmia). The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Coronary Heart Disease patients, their loved ones, and caregivers.

Inconclusive Stress Test

Hi my name is Kimberly I am 42, overweight. non  smoker...

Never had high blood pressure or cholesterol . I have had Holter Monitors, Echo grams, Ekgs all normal ...and in Sept I had an exercise stress test.  When I went to have the stress test preformed, the doctor did not place the cuff on correctly. It get slipping and they kept having a problem getting it to work. During the test I felt fine. But the test kept taking the incorrect blood pressure measurements and over halfway through it , they stopped the test..

That was in Sept. I get a phone call today from the same doctor(it is a public doctor in Australia) asking me if I ever went to get my angiogram. Being a bit puzzled I told her I have not talked to anyone since  the Stress test. She vaguely remembered the stress test, but she said that there was a small dip on the bottom line *?) And I needed more testing.

She said the test was negative, but also inconclusive and I really needed further testing.. Im a bit worried as I live in remote Australia and will not be able to get this test done for 4 more weeks. Is it possible that stopping the test early, and not putting the cuff on correctly cause the inconclusive results? Thank you.
You are entitled to a procedure report regarding your test.  I'd ask for the test results, read them, and then contact your doctor with your experience.  Keep us informed.