Management for post thrombolytic MI patient with poor angiogram results
My mom was suffered from Inferior MI and she was thrombolysed. Now her general condition is fair. Her BP is maintained at 110/80 mmHg and her heart rate is round about 65.She has no DM and Hypertension. But her cholesterol level was higher than normal. But now within normal limit.Now, cardiologist gave her metoprolol 100 mg bd , aspirin, clopilet, atovarstain 20 mg hs , ivabaradine 5mg half bd and monotrate bd and multivitamins. Her EF is normal and there are no abnormal wall movement on Echo though there are mild MR and TR with left ventricular hypertrophy. Her coronary angiogram shows that there are severe stenosis in LAD and RCA and moderate stenosis in circumflex artery. Plus her CAC is more than 400. Should she be undergone bypass or PCI? I wanna know which option will be best for her. Please answer my question. Thank you in advance.
None of us are doctors so we really can't give medical advice. Her condition sounds stable but she has some very significant blockages in key arteries. This is a case where you need to trust your doctor or get a second opinion. She is on all the standard meds that are given after an MI but they will not hep the arteries that are already blocked. Did you get any percentages? Usually blockages over 70% need intervention.

Good luck.

Jon
LAD is 70% stenosis and RCA is 80% stenosis and left circumflex is 50% stenosis with total calcium score of > 700. We are planning to go to SG for invasive coronary angiography and will do PCI or bypass based on the findings on that procedure. That's what mom's doctor said.