Coronary Heart Disease (CAD) Community
Multi Slice CT Coronary Angiogram Report
About This Community:

Coronary Heart Disease (CHD) (aka: Coronary Artery Disease (CAD); Atherosclerosis; is the leading cause of death worldwide. It is a disease in which a waxy substance called plaque (plak) builds up inside the coronary arteries. These arteries supply oxygen-rich blood to your heart muscle. Over time, CHD can weaken the heart muscle and lead to heart failure or irregular heart rhythms (arrhythmia). The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Coronary Heart Disease patients, their loved ones, and caregivers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Multi Slice CT Coronary Angiogram Report

I am 37 years old male with height 5 feet 7inches ,weight 69 kgs and BMI 24.I am hypertensive for last 1 and a half year and using Amlodopine Besylate BP/USP 5 mg  Valsartan USP 80 mg (added Aspirin enteric coated 150 mg and Atrovastatin 10 mg for last 5 monts being advised 5 months before after CT Angiogram).Result of my "Multi Slice CT Coronary Angiogram Report

LM : Normal
LAD: Minimal non calcified plaque but no stenosis.High origin of D1 with non calcified plaque at origin causing mild stenosis(less than 50%).Small narrow D2.
LCX : Mild non calcified plaque but no stenosis.Mild plaque at OM 1 origin with mild stenosis( Less than 50%)
RCA : Normal origin.No plaque or stenosis. Normal PDA and PLV branches.
Conclusion, Mild stenosis at D1 and OM1 origins.

Under present circumstances my everyday exercise is walk one hour in morning and  weight training in evening  for 40 minutes.These exercises do not bother me,However i develop chest pain during stress only.Do i have to continue with above medication or need stenting.If my Chlestrol remains under limit can i discontinue Statin as it causes muscle aches.
Blank
976897_tn?1379171202
IF statins are causing muscle problems, you should see your Doctor and report this. Your Doctor will probably put you onto a different brand. Statins are not all about cholesterol, they also have anti-inflammatory properties for arteries, helping to prevent Atherosclerosis.
976897_tn?1379171202
IF statins are causing muscle problems, you should see your Doctor and report this. Your Doctor will probably put you onto a different brand. Statins are not all about cholesterol, they also have anti-inflammatory properties for arteries, helping to prevent Atherosclerosis.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
89592_tn?1391278022
Blank
PaulaAnn commented on Staying Active with c...
Dec 12
1475202_tn?1388955435
Blank
rpooo commented on Staying Active with c...
Dec 02
317787_tn?1373214989
Blank
Dee1956 commented on Staying Active with c...
Dec 02
Blank
HeartRhythm Tracker
Track Your Heart Rate
Start Tracking Now
Coronary Heart Disease (CAD) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank
242532_tn?1269553979