Coronary Heart Disease (CAD) Community
Opinions on my stress test please
About This Community:

Coronary Heart Disease (CHD) (aka: Coronary Artery Disease (CAD); Atherosclerosis; is the leading cause of death worldwide. It is a disease in which a waxy substance called plaque (plak) builds up inside the coronary arteries. These arteries supply oxygen-rich blood to your heart muscle. Over time, CHD can weaken the heart muscle and lead to heart failure or irregular heart rhythms (arrhythmia). The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Coronary Heart Disease patients, their loved ones, and caregivers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Opinions on my stress test please

Im a 24 year old male that has hypertension since 21 and recently began having shortness of breath and chest pain which my doctor determined were panic attacks, however I was concerned whaf I suffered from was angina or coronary artery disease. So he did an echo stress test, the results wee mailed to my house and i'd like your opinion

Stress ECG interpretation- Patient exercised for 10 mins according to Bruce protocol and achieved a heart rate of 189 BP , which is 96% of predicted maximal heart rate, and a peak BP of 180/60 (Baseline 158/82). Patient achieved a workload of 11.7 METS. Patient with normal HR and BP response to stress. Test was terminated due to shortness of breath. EKG showed sinus tachycardia without any ischemic changes. Patient demonstrated excellent functional capacity.

Stress Echo Interpretation- Normal maximal exercise stress contrast echocardiogram

Pericardium- No significant pericardial effusion

RESTING EKG- NSR at 88 bpm with nonspecific ST-T wave changes.

STRESS ECHO- Images acquired within one minute after peak exercise Images revealed: Hyperdynamic left ventricular systolic function with appropriate increase of LVEF. No regioonal wall motion abnormalities noted suggestive of myocardial ischemia.

1. Please provide your honest opinion on this test.

2. How unlikely is coronary artery disease with the results?%

3. My doctor has suggested my hypertension is white-coat and not necessarily actual hypertension. Does anything in the test suggest he may be correct?

Thanks!
159619_tn?1318997813
1. Your test results are normal.

2. That depends on how you take care of your cardiovascular system going forward.. Controlling BP cholesterol, making sure you exercise and stay away from smoking and alcohol and you stand a very good chance of never having heart disease.

3. High BP is diagnosed with three separate readings over a few weeks of 120/80. The fact that you had normal BP response to exercise would indicate you don't have high BP and it is just due to anxiety.

I hope this helps.

Jon
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
8624119_tn?1399020599
Blank
Elan83 joined this community
Welcome them!
May 02
Blank
liljodav is ...female Comment
Mar 13
1475202_tn?1388955435
Blank
rpooo commented on Surgery Christmas Eve...
Dec 24
Blank
HeartRhythm Tracker
Track Your Heart Rate
Start Tracking Now
Coronary Heart Disease (CAD) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
242532_tn?1269553979