Coronary Heart Disease (CAD) Community
Treatment for. Ostial 60 percent Lesion in LAD
About This Community:

Coronary Heart Disease (CHD) (aka: Coronary Artery Disease (CAD); Atherosclerosis; is the leading cause of death worldwide. It is a disease in which a waxy substance called plaque (plak) builds up inside the coronary arteries. These arteries supply oxygen-rich blood to your heart muscle. Over time, CHD can weaken the heart muscle and lead to heart failure or irregular heart rhythms (arrhythmia). The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Coronary Heart Disease patients, their loved ones, and caregivers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Treatment for. Ostial 60 percent Lesion in LAD

I am a 48 year old male having diabetes since last 3 years,(Glysate Hb is 7.10 ) recently I underwent a cardiac check and the ECG shows incomplete RBBB. I under went an Angiography 3 days ago,the report says Ostial 60 percent lesion in LAD. I am now taking Inj Clexane .6 ml once a day for the past 3 days,and will continue for 2 more days,Tab.Strovas 40mg,Tab.Clopilet-A.
Please advice the further prognosis, the line of treatment and do's and dont's.
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
159619_tn?1318997813
Normally these are managed with meds until they are 70% blocked at which time it may be possible to place a stent depending on the exact location.Although no one here can say, you probably have a good chance of getting through this with little difficulty or risk.
Blank
976897_tn?1379171202
In the past, stenting the ostial of a vessel has not proven very successful, but with new techniques, this seems to be improving. However, with new devices released into the world of Angioplasty, it takes time for approvals to be raised, and for purchases to be made. If you make huge lifestyle changes, there's a good chance that you may never see that 60% lesion increase. Such lifestyle changes would include regular exercise, healthy diet, avoiding stress, keeping blood pressure normal, avoiding lots of processed sugars. Any changes you make need to be done quickly because the effects are far from instant.
Blank
Thank you Sir for your valued opinion.
Could you please also suggest if the treatment I am taking is up to the mark.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
370181_tn?1408130715
Blank
RubyWitch Life shrinks or expands in ... Comment