Coronary Heart Disease (CAD) Community
Triple vessle disease
About This Community:

Coronary Heart Disease (CHD) (aka: Coronary Artery Disease (CAD); Atherosclerosis; is the leading cause of death worldwide. It is a disease in which a waxy substance called plaque (plak) builds up inside the coronary arteries. These arteries supply oxygen-rich blood to your heart muscle. Over time, CHD can weaken the heart muscle and lead to heart failure or irregular heart rhythms (arrhythmia). The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Coronary Heart Disease patients, their loved ones, and caregivers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Triple vessle disease

Hi,

My mother has been for a coronary angiograme today. The results of which I don't understand. Could someone help me understand please?

The results I noted down are:

Triple vessel disease - for surgical consideration (although they said - more than likely)

LAD plaque at origin 40%
LAD significant prox and long segment of distal disease

LCX significant disease
RCA blocked at mid vessel (large dominant)

Many Thanks in advance
Worried daughter.
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
159619_tn?1318997813
The angiogram has determined that she has three vessels blocked. What is important to know is how severe the blockages are. Once they reach 70% they need medical intervention. Whether it's surgery or meds depends on her symptoms, how seveer the blockages and exactly where they are.

Do you have any additional information?
Blank
976897_tn?1379171202
The statements on the report are quite meaningless, and besides, you can have a blockage of 60% and have no issues, even 70%. What you need to obtain if possible is a nuclear scan of your Mothers heart to see if any areas of the muscle are being affected by lack of blood flow. What looks bad on the Angio report is not always bad in reality and further tests can give much more detail. You don't want her going through bypass or stenting if it isn't necessary. Even if the nuclear scan shows the heart is fine at rest, but reducing in blood flow with exertion, her symptoms will probably be controllable with medication. Personally I think the profession has become a bit too automated. It's like queuing up to see a judge who stamps you as either bypass or stents. Much more information can be gathered first to obtain the absolute best benefits.
For example, ask the Cardiologist "how much is blood flow reduced from the top of the left artery to the bottom" and I bet he won't have an answer. From what I know now, compared to years ago, these are questions I would be asking to ensure they can back up their decisions for best treatment.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
Blank
liljodav is ...female Comment
Mar 13
1475202_tn?1388955435
Blank
rpooo commented on Surgery Christmas Eve...
Dec 24
Blank
jaysie123 your status can't be blank Comment
Nov 28
Blank
HeartRhythm Tracker
Track Your Heart Rate
Start Tracking Now
Coronary Heart Disease (CAD) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank