Coronary Heart Disease (CAD) Community
Troponin I? Really scared.

Coronary Heart Disease (CHD) (aka: Coronary Artery Disease (CAD); Atherosclerosis; is the leading cause of death worldwide. It is a disease in which a waxy substance called plaque (plak) builds up inside the coronary arteries. These arteries supply oxygen-rich blood to your heart muscle. Over time, CHD can weaken the heart muscle and lead to heart failure or irregular heart rhythms (arrhythmia). The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Coronary Heart Disease patients, their loved ones, and caregivers.

Troponin I? Really scared.

Long story short, 28 year old female smokers, overweight but working on it. Lived for 4 years eating fast food every day due to depression but dont do that anymore, eating better. worried plaque has built up in my arteries from smoking and bad food. also have high family history of heart atk and stroke.

Been dizzy for two weeks, then husband leaves me because he hates my anxiety (yeah)

Went to the er today because I have had chest pain on and off for months, ekgs have always been normal etc
have low good cholesterol, high bad cholesterol. yesterday the pain got really bad and was under the sternum and on the left side to the left shoulder.

er doc did three heart tests and ekg, because pain is on breastbone, left side and shoulder, worse then ever.
ekg she said was normal.
my troponin was 0.02 and i heard that means you have had a heart attack and she didnt do any more troponin tests like they are supposed too, she says my ck is 62 units (low but normal) and my ck-mb is 0.3 ng/ml also it was troponin I and the abnormal range is 0.04. my homo cysteine is also high.

my chest hurts so bad its like she didnt believe me...im scared bout that troponin all my life it has been zero which is good...help!!!!!!!!!!!!!
anyone please help?
You troponin is fine, no worries there. Also, your chest pain is not typical of heart disease. Chest pain that comes and goes for days, weeks or months if almost never heart related.

With your family history you really need to make some changes. The best way to control good cholesterol is exercise so see your doctor for a good exercise routine. Nothing drastic, just something to get you going. Also, STOP SMOKING and get your diet under control. Stay away from processed foods, if it comes from a window or a box avoid it. Are you on any meds for your cholesterol?

You should relax, your heart has been checked out and found to be fine. Heart disease in a woman of your age is very, very rare. Women of child bearing age are naturally protected from heart disease but you have to do your part.

Jon
naturally protected how? i was on the depo shot but im off it now.
The estrogen in your system is at an all time high and the estrogen will generally prevent heart disease.