Coronary Heart Disease (CAD) Community
Young adult with chest pain

Coronary Heart Disease (CHD) (aka: Coronary Artery Disease (CAD); Atherosclerosis; is the leading cause of death worldwide. It is a disease in which a waxy substance called plaque (plak) builds up inside the coronary arteries. These arteries supply oxygen-rich blood to your heart muscle. Over time, CHD can weaken the heart muscle and lead to heart failure or irregular heart rhythms (arrhythmia). The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Coronary Heart Disease patients, their loved ones, and caregivers.

Young adult with chest pain

From 17-18 I started getting a chest sensation in the middle of my chest, a tiny bit up from where the heart is probably over the aorta. When exerting myself, and it goes when I stop. It doesn't happen EVERY time. I've had times where I'm running or swimming and wont get it. Then i'd get it just walking up the hill to the shop or washing the car.

I am now 22, I went on an exercise bike, did 15 minutes and HR was around 133-140 and got the pain so stopped and it went.

I've had;

ECG
Stress ECG
Echocardiogram
24 Hour ECG
Cardiac MRI and MRA - I was scared of coronary anomaly's, Left artery is 100% fine, and the image was a little poor on the right and they are fairly sure its in the correct place and said 90% sure.
Cholesterol / bloods

All tests are normal, not sure what to do now as most doctors i've spoke to say its not likely cardiac, obviously if its not then that's great.

Thanks.
Tags: young adult chest pain, Chest Pain, coronary anomaly, cad, Coronary Artery Disease
You've been checked out pretty well, I don;t know what more they could do to give you peace of mind. It sounds more like a muscular of skeletal issue to me, but I'm not a doctor. If it had been heart related it would have shown up in the tests especially if you're looking for a malformation of the arteries. Make sure to keep your doctor informed of any more symptoms. FYI, if this was related to your heart you most likely would also be short of breath when having the pain.

Jon
Thanks for your reply,

Yeah that's exactly what I thought, but its so like Angina characteristics, my cardiologist and a few others dont believe its my heart and advise no other testing as it would involve radiation and injecting dye's to find most probably nothing.

I guess I'll have to trust them.

I never get short of breath with it, so I guess that's a good sign.